This award recognizes the conservation efforts of a group affiliated to Nature Canada for the implementation of an action program that supports a Nature Canada conservation initiative or that directly implements a conservation program supportive of the mission of Nature Canada.
To recognize outstanding efforts by an affiliate in areas related to the mission of Nature Canada.
Organizations that are affiliates in good standing of Nature Canada.
- Nomination for the award can be made by any member of Nature Canada
- Nominations are to be made in writing and submitted to Nature Canada by the published deadline.
- Nomination are to include the following information:
- The nominee’s name, mailing address, and phone number;
- The nominator’s name, mailing address, and phone number;
- Details of the affiliate’s achievements including: the scope of impact, the degree of collaboration between the affiliate and Nature Canada, percent of the affiliate’s resources participating in the project, the achievements of the project, and the degree of completion of the project;
- The Awards Committee named by the Board will independently rate the nominations by the prescribed method;
- The Chairperson of the committee will collate the results of this rating and provide them to the Board for ratification.
- The Board shall vote to ratify or not ratify the Committee’s decision;
- If ratified, the Board shall confer the Affiliate Award on the affiliate at appropriate time and place, usually the Annual Banquet if feasible.
- On the recommendation of the Committee, a file may remain active for years or until an award is made to the nominee, which ever comes first. The President shall contact the nominator(s) for each active file, well in advance of the published deadline to ask if there are any appropriate additions to the file.
- A story in Nature Canada publications describing the achievements of the affiliate;
- Announcement of the winner at Nature Canada’s Annual Banquet;
- The presentation of a framed certificate for display in the affiliate’s office by the Nature Canada President, or his/her delegate, at an appropriate time and place.