The efforts of volunteers do much to increase the ability of Nature Canada to effectively expand its conservation work. The efforts of those individuals who provide an outstanding time and work contribution to a Nature Canada project merit recognition.
To recognize outstanding volunteer support of Nature Canada projects.
Individuals who are not Nature Canada Board Members who provide an outstanding time and work contribution to a Nature Canada project.
- Nominations for the Volunteer Award can be made by staff and directors of Nature Canada;
- Nominations are to be made in writing and submitted to Nature Canada by the published deadline;
- Nomination are to include the following information:
- The nominee’s name, mailing address, and phone number;
- The nominator’s name;
- Details of the nominee’s efforts towards the project(s);
- The Awards Committee named by the Board will independently rate the nominations using the proscribed method;
- The Chairperson of the Awards Committee will bring the recommendations to the Board for ratification;
- If ratified, the President or his/her delegate shall confer the Volunteer Award to the volunteer at an appropriate time and place.
- The announcement of the winner’s names at Nature Canada’s Annual Banquet;
- The presentation of a framed certificate detailing the contribution;
- An announcement in Nature Canada publications recognizing the distinction;
- Two year’s membership in Nature Canada.
The Board shall determine the number of individuals in a given year to whom they will present the award provided that no more than 5 such awards may be made in any given year.